The additive manufacturing processes present a wide range of possibilities where the only limit is the imagination in terms of design and flexibility of the process. However, the market lacks mass-manufactured technical polymers with functional properties for 3D printing processes.
Our goal is, on the one hand, to increase the availability of materials that can be used in additive manufacturing processes while giving them innovative functionalisation in order to increase their added value. On the other hand, additive manufacturing is also a higher value-added outlet for recycled plastics.
Our projects integrate the following topics:
- Identification of relevant plastic outsourcings
- Formulation of polymer systems
- Extrusion of calibrated filaments for FDM printing
- Physical-chemical and rheological characterization of the polymer materials and products obtained
- Emissive aspect of the materials and during the 3D printing process