12 October 2023
Workshop Emissions and Odors from Plastic Materials
Emissions and Odors from Plastic Materials 2023
Welcome to the 16th edition of Emissions and Odors from Plastic Materials workshop
During the last three decades, there has been increasing concern over the effects of VOC exposure on health. Public awareness of environmental, health and safety issues related to air quality has grown significantly. Regulations and labelling of products have been promoted by the governments, resulting in ever more stringent specifications for the industry regarding the emission of volatile compounds from materials.
Plastic materials, coatings and inks, adhesives, flooring materials, furniture, textiles, insulating materials potentially emit volatile organic compounds (VOC) that contribute to the indoor air quality in terms of odours and pollutants.
In the automotive industry these topics are controlled by many specifications and have a great impact on the comfort, well-being and driving sensations.
In food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries, volatiles released by the packaging can have an impact on the organoleptic perception of the products and even on their quality.
Non-intentionally added substances (NIAS) present in a food contact material/article may migrate from the material into food and requires often high sensitive analysis .
New consumer products and new biobased/recycled materials coming today on the marketplace have to be evaluated for their VOC release, including their contribution to the odour perception of the products.
12 October 2023 Workshop - Emissions and odors from Plastic Materials
8.30 Welcome coffee
- 9.00 Opening of the workshop – Introduction by Certech
- 9.15 Keynote speaker – Renault Group
- Gabrielle Gauge
- 9h40: External lab benchmarking to identify/quantify odorants in polymer – Sabic
- Indira Polasa
- 10h05: Use of TD-GCxGC-FID/MS for Analysis of Trace VOCs in LDPE Materials and its Correlation with Olfactory Sensory Panel Testing – Dow R&D
- 10h30: Exhibitors session
- 10h45: Break & exhibition
- 11h15: Plenary presentation Certech: advanced technologies for VOC & odorous compounds characterization
- 12h15: Lunch & exhibition
- 13h15-15h00: Remediation session:
- 13h15: Specialty solutions for efficient control of VOC emissions in plastic materials – Avient – Antonello Decortes
- 13h30:Milliken – Herbert De Breuck
- 13h45: Zeochem -David Hajdu
- 14h00: Erema -Helene Wild
- 14h15: Cadel Recycling lab -Adriana Pineda
- 14h30: CPM -Nicolas Pisaroni
- 14h45: Q&A session
- 15h00: Lab tour
- 16h30: Closure of the workshop
- 16h45: Exhibitors / B to B meeting opportunities with Certech experts (pre-registration required)
Please find below some information for your venue
Certech – Zone industrielle C – Rue Jules Bordet, 45 – 7180 Seneffe – Belgium
+32 64 520 211
Hotel Van der Valk Nivelles Sud
preferential rate until 30/08/2023, please contact the reception (by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +32 67 21 87 21) and mention the code « GF35919 – Conférence Certech ».
Possibility to organize a transfer from the hotel to Certech, please contact us.
- Taxi at Nivelles station: